Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Live!

It's been awhile, I know. Life is just a giddy thing, and that is my conclusion.

---Recent writing: My last FoG column was well-received; I got a few comments and compliments for it. It was fun to write.

Not much fiction. Life being giddy and all that.

---I am still hoping to attend Readercon 21. Samuel Delany is going to be there again (and yeah, a lot of other excellent writers as well!), and what's life without getting your picture taken annually with one of your literary influences? I just need to figure out how to get there without a car and with no money. . . .

I want to liveblog it this year. But, unless the hotel has suddenly decided to enter the 21st century, I am not sure that is viable. Their site claims that they have wireless in the public areas, but I am skeptical. Freakin' Motel 6 has a better Internet setup than the Burlington Marriott.

---Reading: I have a healthy pile to tackle. I want to re-read some Delany, get to Kiernan's The Red Tree, Stapledon's The Star-Maker, and Cory Doctorow's For the Win (which I won in an Internet contest), and some of the Gene Wolfe short stuff in my library. I am still dabbling in The Secret History of Science Fiction and The Seven Beauties of Science Fiction.

---I must highly recommend Tinariwen's new album Imidiwan. Amazing desert blues. For more background on them check out this YouTube video. I tried to link to their MySpace page for tunes but got some rap music overlaid onto their music. Weird.






No comments: