Saturday, June 13, 2009

Slogging

This next section is hard, because it is a bridge between two clear plot points. And I am finding new characters, thinking about relationships, expressions, and motivations, and absorbing a fantastic conversation with my best friend that generated lots of good ideas and issues to ponder. But the rest of Chapter Two is a combination of character development, introductions, and setup for the rest of the novel's conflicts and major events. And I am finding it hard to set that all up.

I wrote about 600 words tonight, and I should have something to post tomorrow. I don't think it will be very good, but if I can at least get some of the bare bones down and create a link between Chapter One and the next plot point I will have enough of a foundation to get onto some very cool stuff.

No comments: