1) Jay Lake got some unwelcome news. His cancer decided to be a total dick and latch onto his liver, despite some aggressive chemo. Please send him your support and keep him in your thoughts. It's always a tough fight, and his just got tougher. But he and his family are made of stern, loving stuff, and a lot of us are sending him any good vibes we can muster.
2) Visions of the fantastical year 2000, from the year 1910. (via Jay Lake). Where's MY phono-projector?
3) In other news, roasted drone is the latest taste treat.
4) An interview with Paul Di Filippo about several subjects near to my heart: Readercon, Samuel Delany, and music.
5) Mr. Di Filippo is a big fan of Jules Verne. Here are some good online resources to find out more about this underappreciated grand-père of SF.